Thursday, April 23, 2020

Thank You!

Well it has been a strange few weeks, I have been doing some crafting and coloring bits & pieces.  Putting projects together has been a bit more challenging though.  I did get inspired to make this card however, and I am happy to see that it works for both Simon Says Stamp Challenges this week.  Monday Challenge - create a scene and Wednesday challenge flower power

I started this one by coloring a bunch of the die cut pieces from the Tim Holtz Funky Foliage thinlits set from Sizzix.  I used a combination of copics, prismacolor pencils & distress ink on these pieces.  For the background piece I used the Tim Holtz 3-d texture fades Lumber, I just love 3-d embossing folders, they create such gorgeous backgrounds. I started with Neenah smooth desert sand paper and used distress inks to color it (vintage photo, walnut stain, ground espresso & black soot).

The greeting is from another Tim Holtz Sizzix die set called Celebrate, I cut it out 3 times and stacked it together and colored it with copic markers YG93, YG95 & YG25.


I'm not going to list the colors I used for each individual flower but here is a list of copics & prismacolor pencils I used.  Copics - E42, E43, E59, YG93, BG01, BG11, BG15, YR21 & R14.
Pencils periwinkle, light blue, goldenrod, Sepia, tuscan red, crimson lake, poppy red, moss green & sienna brown.  I also edged everything with vintage photo distress ink.

I had quite a bit of fun making this project, hopefully I will have time to make a couple more cards this week. 

I really hope everyone is staying safe & healthy.
Until next time, happy crafting
Deanna

1 comment:

Lin said...

This is gorgeous, Deanna, those posies look wonderful against the wood background - thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!