Monday, November 7, 2022

Winter Wishes

 So, since I was working on my blog I decided to take a look at the current challenges over at the Simon Says Stamp blog.  The Monday challenge is Christmas.  This afternoon I finished a new winter background piece with the Tim Holtz Holiday Mica sprays and I decided to put together a card with it.  



I started with the Simon Says stamp Filigree Snowflakes embossing folder and blended some Tumbled Glass, Broken China & Mermaid Lagoon distress inks on it and then sprayed it with Mica sprays (Shiny Bauble, Snow Flurries & Winter Frost).  It is hard to capture in pictures just what it looks like.  I took a picture of the background piece before I put the card together and it looks completely different than it does in the picture of the finished card.


The lighting & angle was different for this picture.  I really wanted this background piece to be the focal point of the card so I decided to just use a die-cut greeting and some rhinestones to finish it off.  The sentiment is from the Tim Holtz Alterations Holiday Words: Script set.  I cut it from white card stock and used the Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Gloss pen to give it some sparkle.  Some blue rhinestones and a couple of pearls add a little more sparkle.


Here is a pic of my new crafting assistants! Gus & Rella!

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

Deanna


No comments: