Monday, October 29, 2012

Mumford the Mummy!

OK, October did not turn out to be as productive as I thought it would be...at least where crafting is concerned.  I did not get to spend nearly as much time in my craft room as I thought and therefore did not get to post as much as I wanted.  That seriously needs to change over the next two weeks as I have a craft show to prepare for. I really need to spend every evening in my studio getting as many cards ready as possible.

I thought I'd check out some more challenges this week as well and when I found the one for All That Scraps I decided to try it.  I ordered a bunch of stuff from them a couple of months ago and this cute Halloween stamp Mumford the Mummy was one of them. I just had to have this Mummy stamp it is just too cute.  Anyway, the challenge this week is anything goes and here is the card I came up with yesterday.

I colored the image with copics (N0, 1, 3 - E0000, 000, 00 - R02 - BG75 & 93).  The patterned paper is all from the Authentique "Enchanted" Collection .  I added a few details to the distressed paper behind Mumford using stamps from Basic Grey and the greeting is from the Halloween Fun set by Crafty Secrets.  I die cut the fence using the Tim Holtz "on the fence" die.  I inked all the patterned paper edges with black versa magic ink and added a few pewter brads for a little more detail.  I really like the way this one turned out.

I was up really late finishing this card and Kit decided it was time for me to pay attention to her.  This is how she gets my attention when I'm so focused on crafting.  Step one...hop onto my desk - step two....lay down on whatever it is I'm working on.  You can see this card underneath her in the picture.  She is just so cute that I can't get upset with her for doing it.  I just reach for the camera and take her picture.

Anyhow that is enough for now.  I really do hope to be able to update my blog more frequently over the next couple of months.  I have found a few new challenge sites that I like and want to take part in them as well.  Have a great evening everyone.

I do hope everyone on the East Coast stays safe during this awful storm.

Thanks for visiting my blog!
Dee

3 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

I love your mummy and the cute card design! Thanks for playing with us over at ATS!!!

Heidi Brawley said...

LOVE your card!!! Great coloring of Mumford too!!! Hugs, Heidi

Natascha said...

What a great card!
Thank you for joining us at All That Scraps.
Hugs, Natascha