Thursday, March 23, 2017

Layer It Up!

So I have been doing lots of researching, video watching and sorting through my supplies, while I have been redoing my studio. I decided the best way to get back into my crafting habit is to try some challenges.  So I went over to Simon Says Stamp, one of my favorite shopping sites and looked at their challenge blogs (they have two).  First stop was the Monday Challenge Blog and this weeks challenge is Layer It Up!

For this challenge I thought I would use one of my favorite stamps and revisit an old design and change things up a bit.  The stamp is from the Safari Animal 2 set by Local King  and I used MFT Hybrid ink Hot Fudge to stamp it.  I colored the images with copic markers (E21, E23, E25, E29, YR23 & Y35) then I put a layer of glossy accents over the eyes.   I edged the image with versa magic jumbo java ink and distressed the edges and layered the image on 3 different layers of card stock.  I embossed the background piece with the "mesh" cuttlebug folder and used a little bit of Tim Holtz vintage photo distress ink to add a bit of an aged look to it.

For the first card I  finished it with some rhinestones and used the paper smooches "happy birthday 2" wise dies to make the greeting.  I cut the greeting out 3 times and stacked them together to make it stand out a bit.
For the second card I just layered the image on 3 layers of card stock to frame it out and centered it on the card with no greeting.  To add a little more detail a put bronze brads in each corner.


I am happy to be back in the crafting groove, I just placed another crafty goodness order from Simon Says Stamp and will post a pic when it arrives.  I can't believe how many great new products and techniques I have been finding lately.  I'm so excited to get going on my crafting again.

I got this order from Simon Says about a month ago.  I needed to get some card stock and adhesives and I couldn't resist adding some new stamps and dies as well!

This order is stuff I picked up last year from One Crazy Stamper,  I love all the matching stamps and dies! Even though I haven't posted any completed projects with these sets I have been working on making projects with these items.
I will endeavor to do another challenge this week, I may even make it to 3 posts in the same month...LOL!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend everyone!
Deanna



2 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

wow your card is stunning and that image is gorgeous...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...enjoy your weekend...hugs kath xxx

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Oh, that is stunning! He looks so real! Love the texture with the embossing also! :)