Saturday, May 19, 2012

Be Who You Would Seem To Be....

I would seem to be late with my post...but not quite.  I'm just in the nick of time for the second week in a row LOL.  As you know I didn't get my last post up in time for the Kraftin Kimmie challenge so I wanted to make sure I got it done on time this week.  I checked their blog today and they had posted the new challenge for this week & voila I'm done.  So I would seem to be late but...I'm actually on time.  Their challenge this week is a sketch which you can find here.  Here is what I came up with!  Sorry the picture isn't the greatest, it's a little blurry but so are my eyes at the moment LOL!

Update: Since this is another Alice in Wonderland project I went and check out the Altered Alice site again and I can also enter it for the "anything goes" challenge".  So I'm going to do that now.  :)


I stamped the Cheshire Cat (kraftin kimmie stamps) on white Gina K 120lb card stock with memento black ink and colored him with copic markers ( BG70, 72, 75, 78 - R00, 02, C3 & Y19).  I cut the image and mat out with spellbinders large & small petite ovals and edged the white oval with versa magic ocean depth chalk ink. I didn't have a ribbon that would match (even though I have 3 drawers full of ribbon!!!) so, I colored a white ribbon with copic marker BG75.  The flowers are by prima and I inked up a inkadinkado script stamp with Aegean blue versa magic ink and stamped it on both the cream colored flowers.  I used kaiser craft blue grey rhinestones on the flowers and on the top right corner for a little more detail.  I stamped the verse stamp on the patterned paper with black memento ink - it kind of gets lost in the picture, looks better up close.  The patterned paper is from the basic grey out of print line.  Oh! I also used a little bit  of clear glaze pen on his eyes.

Well I actually have a day off tomorrow so maybe I'll get a chance to spend some more time in my studio.  Have a great holiday on Monday everyone!

Dee

7 comments:

Kim said...

OH my goodness, this is gorgeous! LOVE the way you've coloured the Cheshire Cat and it looks great with the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge!

Micupoftea said...

Nice stamping~ fun project :)

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Wow...what a beautiful card...I think I'm gonna have to add this cheshire cat to my ever-growing collection of Kraftin' Kimmies Stamps...love the colours and layout (a little twist on the sketch)...just lovely !

Darla said...

Love the blue cat, Dee. Great colouring and love the paper choice. I have so many KK stamps still to be used. MUst get to them.
Guess what, I finally have been getting some card making and scrapbooking done. Finally posted some entries to my blog - http://darla-thelongandshortofit.blogspot.com. Come by and check it out. Helps to be home and near supplies. Working on the Twins album. I have 12 pages done but not quite finished. I will post them when I am done.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so adorable, I love the cat and the great card design

Tanya R. said...

Congratulations on winning your challenge. This is a great image, and your card is fabulous.

KristyLee said...

This Cheshire Cat card is really awesome! I saw your card on the Altered Alice blog. Congrats on your win! Just stunning. I had to come over to see where you got the stamp you say "(kraftin kimmie stamps)" so Ima go check her out. I just love your card prob cuz Ima a big time Cheshire Cat freak... I mean fan... lol! Great job!
Peace,
KristyLee