Friday, September 10, 2010

Sooooo very busy!!!

So you may have wondered (or not, lol) why I haven't posted for awhile, I have been so busy lately I haven't had much time for crafting.  See I told you this would be a challenge for me to get 30 projects done by Sept. 15th.  I have family coming to visit for a couple of weeks, work, classes to prep and a whole list of other things that need to be done.  Where does the time go?

Well I have managed to get a couple of projects done and after I finish this post I have to go prep for the class I am teaching at Scrap Arts tomorrow.  Once that is done I hope to be able to get at least 2 more cards done.

First of all I think this card should count as at least 2 projects (but I won't).  It took a very long time to plan and make. I used black & dahlia card stock.  The other was done on white card stock.  I measured how big each panel would be and then cut one large piece of white.  I inked the paper with lavender, cyan, midnight and black color box inks. I masked the moon but decided I wanted it to stand out, so I cut out a second circle and inked it with momento dandelion and cantaloupe.  The stamps are from Basic Grey, Crafty Secrets & Inkadinkado.  The trees, bats & cat were stamped with black momento ink.  The haunted house was stamped with Archival black ink and the windows were colored with cantaloupe momento marker, I added a few accents with grey marker, white gel pen and silver marker.  I also added some black Archival ink to the ground level of the card to add depth.


Project #18

The other card I did with all inks as well.  I used a brayer to apply red color box ink to white card stock.  I then sponged on more red as well as gold brilliance and black momento ink.  I used a few different stamp sets for this one as well, stampin' up grunge rock, basic grey and I'm not sure of the third set (I don't have the packaging anymore).

Project #19

Well I better go get my class prepped for tomorrow and hopefully I'll have another post for tomorrow or Sunday.  Until then, happy crafting and have a great weekend.
Dee

4 comments:

Jenna said...

I commented on scs already, but I had to comment here too. That Halloween card is just SO impressive! How will you ever part with it? Cute kitty too, is he a ragdoll?

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a card! It really turned out spooooktascula!
ansa

MarieK said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Lorrinda said...

Absolutely fabulous cards! Found my way here from SCS, signing up to follow...