This is what I came up with after looking at all their wonderful samples. Of course I now have to go out and buy the correct size frame for it. I put it in a slightly bigger one just to see how it will look, but I really need to get the proper size.
For the background piece - I followed the instructions I found on AmyR's blog - click here for post! The Tim Holtz distress inks I used were - black soot, mustard seed, wilted violet & blueprint sketch and copic opaque white paint.
For the moon I just cut out a circle and sponged it with a bit of brilliance moonlight white ink and a bit of the mustard seed ink edged on one side. I then used the "peeled paint" stamp by Prima to stamp the texture on with the black soot ink. It is attached to the background piece with foam squares.
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out for my first attempt at the background. I love making these 3D art pieces and wish I had a proper size frame to put it in right now. Oh well, it gives me a good excuse to go shopping later this week. 😀
Thanks for stopping by and I do hope to be back tomorrow with another post!