Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Two Challenges in One!

I'm so enjoying spending more time in my craft room and getting back to doing some challenges.  I didn't have enough time to do two different projects for the 2 challenges due by Wednesday, so I decided to combine them.  Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week is a "Birthday" themed project and the Kraftin' Kimmie Wednesday challenge is "anything goes"

For this project I decided to grab one of my favorite Kraftin' Kimmie stamps "Alice" and create a birthday card.  I stamped the image with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored it with copics (B0000, B000, Boo, Bo1, B02, B05, Y21, Y23, Y26, E0000, E00, E01, E02, R02 & N7) & added a little shimmer with a "sky star" gelly roll pen. 

I masked off the image and created the back ground clouds with a plastic template (handmade) and some tumbled glass distress ink sponged on.  It is really hard to tell in the picture but both white background pieces have the clouds on them.  I added some diamond stickles to the sponged clouds in the background. For the die cut clouds I used the Simon Says Cloud die and cut them up.  

The greeting is from the Simon Says Birthday Balloons stamp set (MFT hybrid ink pad - steel grey). I liked that the curve of the stamp, it seemed to match the curve in the clouds (although it isn't easy to tell that from the picture).  Finished it off with a few plain rhinestones in the corners and one on her hair bow.

Well, I think I covered everything I used for this card.  I'm sure I will come back and edit this post at least twice.  Once again I am typing this out after midnight which usually means I ramble and make many errors 😏

Thanks for stopping by!
Deanna

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Dee! The image is so cute and so beautifully coloured.
Thanks for joining us for our special 8th Birthday Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx