Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Cricut Card

I did manage to get another Easter card finished last night and a couple of more started.  Thanks mostly to the fact that I used my cricut mini to cut out some card bases and fronts. I love that there are so many  different cards to use on many of the cartridges.

For this card I cut the base out using the "A Child's Year" cartridge.  It cuts out a cute scalloped edge on the front panel and 3 cute bunnies.  I covered the inside front panel with a piece of brown card stock that was covered with clear double sided tape.  Then I applied brown fun flock to the bunnies and voila! cute fuzzy bunnies.  The patterned paper is from an old basic grey 6x6 paper pad called "sultry".  It had a little too much white in it to go nicely with the french vanilla card base so I sponged some antique linen distress ink on it.  I edged that and the greeting piece with jumbo java versa magic ink and stamped the greeting with rich cocoa memento ink.   The greeting is just one of those $1.50 stamps from M's and I cut the border off of it.  I popped the greeting up on 3d dots and added a few pearls for a little extra detail.  I also covered the inside back panel of the card with matching brown cardstock so that the scallops on the front panel stand out more.

Well I have tons to do today so that's it for now.  I really hope I can spend some time in my craft room tomorrow and maybe have something to post for Monday.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great rest or the weekend everyone!!!

Dee

No comments: