Friday, March 30, 2012

Another New Stamp

I looked at my collection of stamps a few months ago and realized I don't have very many Easter stamps.  In fact I only have one set of Easter stamps and a few of those single Easter stamps from the M's  $1.50 bin.  I think I need to expand my spring stamp collection.  I just can't seem to find many Easter stamps I really like.  I have been trying to plan ahead for holidays when I do my stamp shopping, but sometimes I just forget.  I'm usually so busy with work in March and April that Easter just sneaks up on me from out of nowhere and before you know it, it's done and over with for another year.  I just can't believe that it is only a week away.

Anyhow long story short I got this cute little bunny stamp several weeks ago (see, I did plan a wee bit) and managed to finally use it this week.  This cute little stamp is Bunny Hansel (CC Designs Swiss Pixies) and I colored him with copic markers ( Y11, Y13, R20, R81, R83, RV11, YR12, YR14, G14, BG0000, E000, E00, E21, E57, N0, N1 & N7).  I have used this layout before but it seems to work well with this stamp.  I have a bunch of this paper from the 3 Bugs in a Rug "Little Chick" collection and I love the colors for srping.  I haven't found much for Easter paper that I really like so I just try and choose bright cheerful patterns for it.  The  greeting is from one of those M's $1.50 stamps (I think there was a chick on the stamp too but I cut it off) and popped it up with 3d dots.  To add a little more detail to this card I used some diamond stickles (love this stuff) to his wings and ears and some clear glaze pen to the paint on his brush.  I decided it needed something more so I stuck a few buttons on.
So I'm doing well using up old patterned paper, inking up stamps that I haven't used yet, using up embellishments I wouldn't normally use and updating my blog.  Now I just have to do it all over again for tomorrow LOL.

Seriously though, my challenge to myself is really helping me use up stuff that I wouldn't normally be using.  Now I just have to spend a couple of evenings in my craft room making Easter cards before it is to late to use them.  Guess I better get to work on that.  Have a great weekend everyone and I'll be back tomorrow with another post.

Dee

No comments: