Friday, April 13, 2012

Make A Wish!!!

I didn't get a chance work in my studio until tonight.  I have been super busy all week and will be busy all next week.  So I managed to sneak in there for a couple of hours tonight and get 2 cards made for my challenge.  I will post the other tomorrow night.

I didn't have time to spend on a lot of coloring so I kept these cards fairly simple.  My goal was to be able to dig into my huge stash of embellishments and put some on these cards.  

Well for starters I bought this little dino stamp (by hot off the press) over a year ago and this is only the second time I've used it.  I colored him with copic markers (E40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 47, G0000, BG93 & 0). The greeting stamp is from a brand new set I got a few weeks ago (It's Your Birthday by Amy R - from CC Designs) and I stamped it with memento Rich Cocoa ink.  I cut the greeting & mat pieces out with large & small labels dies by spellbinders.  The greeting square is sponged with antique linen distress ink and edged with jumbo java versa magic ink.  The greeting and dino are both attached with 3d dots.  The baker's twine is from the Sew Easy Neutral package by We R Memory Keepers.  I also added a few buttons, I had the green and blue but not a brown so I colored a white one with copic marker E47.  Oh!  I almost forgot the patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Archaic line which is a few years old.  

I'm slowly trying to make my way through all my old patterned paper but the problem is I keep buying more. Though I will admit most of it is the 6x6 paper pads.  Much easier to store and use up LOL!  

Well I really need to cram in another hour or so of work before bed so that's it for tonight.  Have a great Saturday everyone and I'll be back tomorrow night with another card.

Dee

No comments: