Thursday, April 19, 2012

Present!!!

My wonderful husband ordered me some stamps I wanted for my Easter present and they arrived this week.  Of course I had to add a few more things to the order.  I keep running out of adhesive and have trouble getting the refills so I decided to try a new one.  There might have been some patterned paper in there as well LOL.  Anyway I wasn't the only one who was thrilled with this present.  Kit approved of my purchases and thought they were all very practical :).  Of course you can't see the stamps in the picture because she is sitting on them but they are all mostly the Kraftin' Kimmie Alice In Wonderland stamps and a couple of the Bo Bunny clear stamp sets to go with the 6"x6" paper pads I ordered..
I'm going to be super super busy this weekend so I made a card last night and will try to make another one tonight and have it posted tomorrow.  For this card I used a stamp out of the new Bo Bunny Ambrosia stamp set I got in this order.  I made a card with a similar layout last spring but I added a few layers of paper to this one and added a few new details to this one.  I love using the masking technique to create a row of an certain image.  Butterflies are so much fun to color, for these I used my copics ( BG11, 13, 15 - G000, 00, 40- YR00, 02) I then added some diamond stickles to their wings (which actually showed up a bit in the picture).  I stamped one and cut it out adhered the body flat to the card and then folded the wings up and stuck 3d dots under them to keep them in place.  I colored the pearls that I put on the butterfly with YR04 and the ones for the card I used BG13.  The "happy" is from the flourishes tag line stamp set and the Mother's Day is from the Anna Griffin Scrapbooking stamp set by all night media (I bought this years ago).  I stamped the greeting with memento tuxedo black ink and edged it and the white image strip with versa magic ocean green chalk ink.  The patterned papers are from the basic grey marrakech line, which is from a few years ago as well (I'm really trying to use up all the older paper sitting in my studio - this could take years and years LOL).
On the bright side I'm almost done all the work that keeps me so very busy for March and April so I might actually get to spend a lot more time in my studio soon.

Anyhow have a great day everyone and thanks for stopping by.

Dee

No comments: