Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Couple of Days Off

I finally had a couple of days off where nothing major needed to be done. I kept working on organizing my craft room (what a process, not sure I'll ever finish). I got a couple of new storage units and put them together.

I was having a slight case of crafters block. So I took out some pics of old cards I had done and reworked them a bit to make some new ones. Here are the ones I made.

The pink is for Valentine's Day. Basic Grey Flourished Edges stamps and the Love stamp is from an Autumn Leaves Love with a Flourish Set. (I just love the flourishes) I used Versa Magic Pink Petunia and Pixie Dust Inks. The love Stamp is embossed with clear fine detail embossing powder.
This Yellow "A little Note" card was made using up some of the scraps I had of this paper. I inked the torn edges with some light and dark yellow inks. Layered 2 different flowers, I punched out of the tulip paper, it is a double sided paper blue and white on back. Just flipped the small flowers over for blue color contrast. I stamped the " A Little Note" with Color box Cyan ink on a small piece of vellum and embellished with bling.
This card is a great Birthday card for a little boy. The patterned paper is by Tim Holtz, I believe it is called Transportation. I cut out the larger vehicles from the paper and cover with versa mark ink and them emboss the whole thing using clear fine detail embossing powder. I then use pop dots to put it on.

No comments: