Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Everyone Loves A Challenge....Right?

I've decided to challenge myself. I'm hoping it will get me motivated to get some work done in my craft studio. The challenge is to create at least 30 new projects and post them between now (well August 1st) and September 15th. The projects can be anything I want, for example a card, tag, mini book, or whatever else I decide to design.

I need to design new classes for October for Scrap Arts. I also need to design some more cards for Big Pete’s (this is where I sell my cards) and the supply there is getting low.

I figured the only way I would be motivated enough to do all this is to put the challenge here in print and force myself to do it. As part of the challenge I also have to post the photos to my blog. I do have a few people who actually check in and read my blog (even though I don’t seem to have any official followers…LOL) so I know someone will be keeping tabs on my progress. This will keep me motivated to keep on creating.

Here is my first project. It is a birthday card I made on Sunday for my sister in law’s birthday. The stamps I used for this project come from the Water lily stamp set by Flourishes, Flights of Fancy stamp set by Tim Holtz and the Happy Birthday stamp is from one of the $1.50 stamp sets from M’s.

The water lily was stamped with Momento Tuxedo Black and was colored in with prisma markers. I actually remembered to write the colors down this time. For the flower petals the colors are Pale Peach, Light Peach & Peach. The center of the flower is done with Deco Yellow & Jasmine. The lily pads were done with Mint Cream, Green Tea & Spring Green.

I used Hazel and Mocha Devine card stock and the patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Cappella line. The back sides of Bravo and Sonata. I stamped a verse from the Tim Holtz set over the pink patterned paper with Tattered Rose distress ink. Other inks used are Tumbled Glass and Vintage Photo distress inks, also versa magic jumbo java, sea breeze, pink grapefruit & Pixie dust.

My photo is a little blurry but the card turned out really nice and my sister in law loved it!

Well I guess I better get back in my studio and get busy. I will be back tomorrow with something else to post… I hope.

Until then, Happy crafting everyone.

Dee

No comments: