Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tim Holtz Inspired Tag

So here is project #2 of 30, it is a tag for my new class. I do realize that this challenge would not be much of a challenge for some people. However, for me I’m just not able to sit down every day and craft something. I really like to procrastinate, for example my new class “Aged & Distressed” is scheduled for this Saturday and here I am just finishing the last project in this class. So this is really going to be a challenge for me. I also have a few birthdays coming up as well as a camping trip and more classes.

I just love the Tim Holtz products and I am getting a good collection of them now. I have also been watching his tutorial videos on his website. I love all the great tags he makes and decided to try one. I am quite happy with how it turned out. I started with peeled paint on a piece of plastic and spayed it with some water and dyed the white tag green and then dried it with my heat gun. I stamped the floral background with walnut stain distress ink, the bird is done with Momento tuxedo black and the butterflies are done with peeled paint. I then sponged on broken china, spiced marmalade & vintage photo. I used a glue pen to add some gold leaf foil accents to the bird and the flowers. It does not show up very well in the photo but there is quite a bit of gold on there.
Well that’s all for tonight. I hope to have another project ready to post on Friday.

Until then, happy crafting everyone and thanks for visiting my blog.

Dee

No comments: