Tuesday, November 20, 2018

All That Glitters Is Gold!

So many projects to create & post, so little time.  So I did update my blog post from yesterday and then decided to do another challenge.  I went over to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog and their challenge this week is gold!  Well that seemed like fun and I had a great idea for a card.  I think it turned out OK and I had a lot of fun embossing everything.

I started by cutting out the Poinsettia with the Poppy Stamps Blooming Poinsettia die & Neenah smooth solar white 110lb paper and then colored all the pieces with copic markers(R22, R24, R27, R29, G24, G28 & G29).

Then I dipped the edges in distress embossing ink and used Simon Says Stamp ultra fine gold embossing powder on the edges of the petals, leave & for the center piece.  I wanted a fairly simple card to show off the Poinsettia so I pulled out an old scrap of Cosmo Cricket patterned paper and repeated the same steps on the edge of the paper as I did on the poinsettia.  For the greeting I used an old Inkadinkado stamp set called Warm Holiday Wishes and also embossed it.  Not one part of this project was safe from that gold embossing powder 😊


I attached the poinsettia to the card with Nuvo deluxe adhesive and once it dried I curled the petals up a bit to give it some dimension.


I also decided to redo my craft studio (mainly desk area) today, I will be back in a few days to post the pictures of how it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by & happy crafting everyone!
Deanna

2 comments:

Deborah345 said...

Nice card. I like the edging on the flowers.

debby4000 said...

Love how you added the touch of gold on your poinsettias, they make a gorgeous card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby