Friday, August 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Pete!!

This is the birthday card I made for my DH.  I couldn't post it until after his actual birthday, I didn't want him to see it.  Also Kit made a card for Daddy (with a little help from me LOL).


For this card I started with a map stamp by local king and stamped it with brown memento ink and colored and distressed it with inks & water color pencils.  I used Tim Holtz distress inks (walnut stain, frayed burlap, vintage photo & tumbled glass) as well as water color pencils (turquoise green, raw sienna, chocolate, burnt sienna, bronze and inktense pencils apple green & willow).  The greeting is from the Amy R CC Design stamp set "it's your birthday".  The pirate girl and the other items I stamped on the map are from the "pirates life" stamp set by bombshell stamps.  I stamped the images on the map with walnut stain ink.  I colored the pirate girl with copics (E0000, 000, 00, 01, 21,25, 27, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 & 47)  also memento markers rich cocoa, rhubarb stalk and a sakura golden star gel pen. I colored some rhinestones with copic marker E27 and added them to the corners for a little more detail.

I will be back tomorrow with a couple more posts.  Thanks for stopping by.
Dee


No comments: