Friday, October 19, 2018

Starry Night

Well it certainly has been a long time since my last post.  However, I have been doing some crafting and posting it on Instagram, just haven't had time to sit down and update my blog.  I really want to try and keep on top of this for the next few months, even though they will be hectic as I work in retail. 

I have been doing lots of shopping, stamping & coloring and now it is time to put it all together and create some projects.  First up I made another galaxy background using watercolor paints and some distress inks and decided to use my Kindred Stamps Space Explorers stamp set to make a card for the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge "Starry Night"

After I finished the Galaxy piece I used some white gesso to create the splatters and then I edged the piece with Ranger silver super fine detail embossing powder.  I didn't want a perfect border so I just edged it with the embossing ink and dipped the edges in the powder.  The greeting that goes with the stamp set says "Go Boldly" so I just snipped it apart and changed it & used the same embossing powder for it.


I colored the ship with copic markers (C0, C2, C4, C6, C9, Y19, Y0000, YR24,YR18, YR27 & Y26) and then covered it with clear detail embossing powder to give it a bit of a shine.  The planet and I think it kind of looks like an asteroid :) are from the Brutus Monroe Lucky Star stamp set, they are are colored with some watercolor markers and some distress inks.  I adhered them to the card with some foam dots and the ship is popped up on thicker dots so that it stands out more.

I think that covers most of the details for the card. I'm really quite happy with how it turned out.

Guess that's it for now, off to check out the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge to see what I can come up with!

Thanks for stopping by,
Happy Crafting
Dee



2 comments:

cheiron said...

Fabulous card! Love your inky background. Thank you so much for joining us in the Starry Night Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

Anne F. said...

I love this card! Now I have to go get my own "space explorers" stamp set!