Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Halloween Tag!

Another Halloween project, this time for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!  I decided to try a few new techniques working with distress oxide inks and water.  It worked out really well but hard to tell in the pictures.

I started by blending peeled paint and walnut stain oxide inks on the tag and then lifting the color using a tree stamp and water (that is what doesn't show up to well in the pictures).  I also stamped the tree on the edge of the tag with vintage photo distress ink and edged the tag with walnut stain and black soot distress inks.    The tree stamp is from and old Basic Grey Halloween "Spooky" stamp set that is one of my favorites and I dig it out every Halloween.  The other stamps are from a couple of sets by My Mind's Eye "Happy Haunting" & "Lost & Found Halloween".  I stamped the images & greeting with black archival ink and added a few enamel dots (also from My Mind's Eye).  The little cat was made using the Poppy Stamps curious cat die and then used an assortment of ribbons & string on the top.

Guess that's all the info I have for this project,  now I have to go update the info on Sunday's post. Wishing everyone a very Happy & Safe Halloween. Thanks for stopping by
Dee

No comments: