Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Time to get to work...

Where does the time go, I can’t believe we are almost to the middle of October. I am now busy working on my classes for November & December. I have at least 3 new classes planned and will be running a couple of my September & October classes again. I haven’t had much time for crafting recently but I have been busy teaching. Eventually I will even get a chance to use my new birthday presents that I got  a few weeks ago.

The first of my new classes will be a redo my mini album from last year. This album from last year measured 6”x6” and was a version of one I found on Splitcoast stampers (Scrapbook Wallet). I wanted to do a similar album but a different size, the original one I found on Splitcoast stampers was great but the measurements for the side panels were to large for what I wanted to do, the 6"x6" one worked better for me as you could the 4 side panels out of one 12" x 12" piece of card stock. Of course you don't end up with that as the size of your side panels as you need to use some of that as the spines of the book. The new one measures 6.5” x 4.5” and that allows you to use one long piece for the outside middle cover (green in this sample).  In the one I made last year you had to piece two pieces of card stock together to do that part. I made this book so that all the fold out panels will fit a 4"x6" photo. This base of this book only takes  pieces of card stock with some left over. In total I used 6 pieces of card stock and  2 pieces of patterned paper. with lots left over for decorating and embellishing. The patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Jovial line. I'm going to add some pictures and some embellishments tomorrow.


Well time to get back to work. I have lots to get done in this week. I’m also teaching a couple more times this week. My “Blue Christmas” card class is sold out for Thursday but it is available later this month at Scrap Arts. I really do hope to have some more to post tomorrow, until then happy crafting everyone.

Deanna

No comments: