Friday, October 22, 2010

Where to begin....

…hmm let me think, I have so much I want to post that I just don't know where to start.  I've had a busy week doing lots of work and teaching.  Have you ever had those days when you sit in your craft room and everything you try seems to be horribly, horribly, wrong?  I have, on Tuesday I sat in my craft room for the better part of the day attempting to make some stuff for classes and by the end of the day I wanted to pull my hair out I was so frustrated.  Nothing seemed to be working for me at all.  On Wednesday I didn’t do much better so I went out for a little retail therapy, and here is what I bought.

A new shipment of goodies arrived at Scrap Arts while I was there and of course I had to get some new paper and a Tim Holtz die, I have been wanting the Fence die for awhile now but I had to figure out a  project it would be used for before I would allow myself to buy it. I’m happy to say I have come up with an idea.  You’ll have to wait until I’ve finished the project to see it.  I also got this great paper pack from Cosmo Cricket called “Wanted” I love the paper in this assortment.  It is a 6”x6” paper pad and great for cards, this paper will be wonderful for more masculine themed cards. 
Also we received another new shipment at Scrap Arts yesterday and I was thrilled because my brand new paper trimmer was in this order, as well as my glue refills. I broke my making memories paper trimmer awhile back and decided to try a different trimmer this time.  I looked around and did a lot of reading and lots of people love the Tonic paper trimmers, so I decided to give this one a try.  I’ll let you know what I think of it once I’ve tried it out for a bit.
You may have noticed (or not, LOL) that I keep changing my background on my blog.  I just like to keep playing with new looks.  This is really the only time of the year you can put up the scary Halloween type backgrounds and not scare people away lol.
I have been surfing quite a bit looking for ideas and inspiration and I have found quite a few new blogs that I love.  I have added them to my Craft Sites I like to visit tab on the side bar; you should check some of them out. 
Also, just so you know Kit has not been shirking her responsibilities as my assistant.  She had decided that being a lap cat isn’t such a bad thing after all.  Especially if it involves being able to swat at things on my desk.
Well I guess that is enough for this post.  Oh, my new challenge will be not to ignore my blog so much.  I'm going to try posting at least 4 times a week over the next 2 months.  Could be kind of hard to do with the Holidays coming up and so many classes scheduled but I'll give it a try.
Until next time, happy crafting everyone.
Dee

No comments: