Friday, May 13, 2011

More Mother's Day Cards!

Here are the other 3 cards I made last week end.  Some of the pictures are a little fuzzy. For the first card I decided to play with my grey copics (N1, N3, N5 & N7).  The flower is from the Water lily stamp set by flourishes.  I cut the image & mat out with nestabilities petite scalloped ovals small & large.  The embossed white card stock was done using the "Venus" embossing folder by Craft Concepts.

The second card I made using the same layout from a card in my “Spring has Sprung” card class.  I used a different stamp on the background paper and stamped it with memento summer sky ink.   I used a mask of the butterfly to create the chain of butterflies across the card.  I used watercolor pencils to color the butterflies.  I then stamped the butterfly on a piece of white card stock and cut it out (also added some glossy accents to spots on wings of this butterfly).  I used a small piece of sookwang tape to attach the body of the butterfly to one on the card.  I then colored 3d dots match the color of the card and lifted each wing with them.  The photo is a little blurry but you can see that by coloring the sides of the 3d dots that they blend into the card better and are not as noticeable.  I love copics & prisma markers for this reason.  You can color so many things to match exactly with your project.  The Mother’s Day stamp is from the Anna Griffin Celebration stamp set by All Night Media & the Happy is from the Tag Lines stamp set by Flourishes.


The final card was done using the same layout from another card class.  The patterned paper is by Imaginisce, the stamp is Spring Birgitta by Swiss Pixies.  I colored her using copic markers and added sakura stardust pen to her wings.  I also colored the buttons with copics to match.

This is my coloring assistant, all colors have to meet with her approval.
Well I better get back to work on class samples.  I will post them as soon as I have they are ready. Thanks for visiting my blog.  Have a great weekend & happy crafting everyone.
Dee

No comments: