Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Class Inspiration

The last 3 weeks have been very crazy and hectic and not at all what I had planned.  I haven't been in my craft studio much and when I do get in there I can't concentrate.  So I decided to take a class for some inspiration.  Last Saturday I took a class at Scrap Arts called Fresh Florals designed and taught by the very talented Marie Kirkwood.  In this class we learned how to watercolor paint using re-inkers and an aqua brush.  You can check out the details on Marie's blog.
I did not put my cards together in the class because I wanted to change the greetings to Mother's Day.  The first 2 cards I assembled much the same as Marie had designed them other than the greeting. 
The 3rd card I changed up a bit. I stamped a design on the card base with a stamp by basic grey and crushed olive distress ink.  I layered the embossed piece and greeting with black card stock.  I also used the flower for the tag on this card instead of the rosebud.  I will post a picture of the tag when I get it finished. 

I must say I was certainly inspired to make more cards.  I finished these at home on Saturday night as well as 2 more Mother's Day cards (I will post them tomorrow or Friday).  I hope to get back in my studio tomorrow and design some new classes for June.  Thanks for stopping by and until next time, happy crafting everyone.

Dee

1 comment:

DanaMK said...

Wow, those are beautiful! I wish I had the motivation to make more cards because I love seeing homemade cards.