Friday, February 10, 2012

The City of Love!

Paris....well we've all heard mention of it a time or two or three or.... I really couldn't tell you because I've never been.  It does seem to be a romantic looking spot in all the movies and pictures I've seen.  Just the name of the city conjures images of romance and love.  I guess that's why I LOVE using this stamp set for so many of my Valentine's cards LOL.

I created the image piece on this card by using the "French Mail" stamp set by crafty secrets.  I wanted a collage look and used memento tuxedo black and spun sugar distress ink to stamp the images.  I also used one little heart stamp from the crafty secrets "Kewpie's" set.  I edged the image piece and all the patterned papers with black versa magic ink.  I framed the image piece with some black card stock and attached it to the card with 3d foam dots.  The patterned paper is from the echo park "yours truly" collection.  I also added a few rhinestones from kaiser craft (these ones were pink...I didn't have to colour them with copics).

Well since we only have a few days left and I have many more Valentine cards to make I guess I better get in my studio and see what I can come up with.  I'll have another card to post tomorrow at some point.  That is if I don't get to distracted with my movie I plan to be watching.  Yes the Twilight Breaking Dawn part 1 is on sale tomorrow, and since I didn't get a chance to see it at the theatre when it was playing I plan to have a copy tomorrow.  I can't wait to see how different it is from the books LOL!!!

Anyhow, have a great weekend everyone...I'm sure I'll be able to spare 20mins to update my blog again tomorrow.

Dee

No comments: