Friday, February 17, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

... a little bit late.  I finished this card up on Monday but I haven't had a chance to post it until now.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's day.  Pete and I went out to dinner a few days early to avoid the craziness that happens at restaurants on Valentine's day.  We also got our new computer desks this week so I got those put  together and had to rearrange half the house .... you know how it is, get new furniture and everything in the house has to move .... the domino effect.  I think I finally have things almost arranged the way I like, only a couple of more pieces to move and I'm done.  So it may be a few days before I can post again.  Fortunately this is my second post for this week.  I will be working on my new class samples for March this weekend and I will post them as soon as I get a chance.  Anyhow here is the card I did get made.

For this card I used more of the Echo Park Yours Truly paper.  I cut out hearts on the cricut and attached  the ones on the patterned paper with 3d dots for the other ones I used glue dots.  I covered the middle red heart with diamond stickles.  I used basic grey flourish corners and black memento ink to create border around the card.  It is hard to tell in the picture but I also added some black rhinestones to the stamped design for some added detail.  The scalloped edge on the black card stock was done using an EK Success edge punch.  The greeting is from the Flourishes "tag line" stamp set.  
Well I think that's about it for tonight.  I have a ton of work to get done so I better get back to it.  Have a great weekend everyone and until next time happy crafting.

Dee                        

No comments: