Sunday, November 4, 2018

Take Flight!

This is my entry for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog.  This weeks challenge was Take Flight and I decided to make another tag and use this cute little dragonfly embellishment that I've had floating around my craft studio for years!

I started with a plain tag and colored the background with Tim Holtz distress inks (wild honey, tea dye, fired brick, vintage photo & walnut stain), and used the wild honey & vintage photo to stamp the leaves (Inkadinkado fall season stamp set) on the tag.  The die cut elements are from the Tim Holtz alterations hardware findings die and I sponged them with vintage photo, walnut stain & Brilliance cosmic copper inks.  I sliced the one die down the middle and used it to edge each side of the tag.  As I mentioned earlier the little dragonfly has been in my stash for years and I put a few drops of red alcohol ink on it to get it to blend with the colors in the tag a little more.  It still needed a little something so I adhered a few rhinestones to add a little more detail.


Well, now I have to go clean up the mess I made, don't think I'm ever going to get the red alcohol ink out of my jeans but oh well!  Must remember to put on the old clothes before I start working in my studio, LOL!

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting everyone!
Dee

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Fabulous tag, love the background so pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra