Thursday, November 3, 2011

First post of my challenge

I hope everyone had a happy and safe Halloween.  I didn't do much, Peter & I took a walk through a local garden that was all decked out for Halloween and I made pumpkin cookies for the first time and was really pleased with how they turned out...so was Peter LOL!!!

Anyway on to my challenge from the last post.  I need to post a completed project that uses some patterned paper twice a week.  I took a look at all the Christmas paper I have and realized I really need to use some of it up.  It was impossible to take a picture to show just how much I have but I tried.
I found several sheets of paper that have different Christmas images on them that make a perfect quick and easy Christmas card.  For this card I used a image from a Graphic 45 paper and used some Cosmo Cricket paper for the background.  I even used a small strip of patterned paper to decorate the inside of the card.
It is really hard to tell in the picture but I added some details to the image.  I used a glue pen to add some gold foil accents to the stars, hat and tree branches and I used frosted lace stickles to his beard, hat trim and snowy areas. I coloured the 3 rhinestones using copic marker YR21.
It is really hard to get a good picture of the details but it looks really nice in person.  Well I'm heading back into my studio now and try to get a few more cards made tonight.  Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting everyone!

Dee

No comments: