Saturday, November 19, 2011

Season's Greetings!

So a couple of years ago I bought a Christmas card kit and never made the cards LOL!!!  I was cleaning and digging through all my Christmas card stuff the other day and found it!  The circles came pre-stamped and ready to go, the only problem is that the design of the cards were 4" x 4".  Fortunately I had a couple of extra sheets of the patterned paper so I could make them 4" x 5 1/2".  In the kit they had just layered the patterned paper on white card stock.  I decided to add a layer of burgundy card stock and make the base a soft green.  In the picture the green I used to colour the stripes on the his scarf and hat looks quite dark but it actually matches up to the paper nicely.  I used copics to colour him in (N1, N3, BG70, BG0000, YG93 & YR00) and I used a clear stardust pen on the snowflakes.  I believe the stamps for this card are from Inkadinkado and the patterned paper is from the Kaiser "winter wonderland" line.  I edged the everything with aged mahogany distress ink.

So my little challenge to myself is going well.  Three weeks - 6 posts & 6 new projects.  I hope to be able to keep this up for the next couple of months.  I'm off to prep for a class I'm teaching on Monday.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone. I'll have another project ready to post in a couple of days, until then happy crafting everyone!!!!

Dee

1 comment:

Darla said...

Congratulations on keeping up with your challenge. Nice work on the card. I tried to download some pics to SCS for the Virtual Stamp Night but too large. Was just told how to resize for internet so maybe I will get some posted. Hope to update my blog also. Not so much new work (a little maybe) but alot of older work I haven't gotten around to posting.