Friday, December 16, 2011

New Christmas Paper!!!

I just knew I wouldn't be able to get to Christmas without buying more patterned paper LOL. I found a couple of great 6x6 paper pads I just had to have.  I've already started using them so I'm quite happy about that.  I'm going to try and use some paper from the My Mind's Eye pad for tomorrow's card.

For this card I used more paper from the Fancy Pants "Saint Nick" line.  The poinsettia stamp is from Stampin' Up set Bells & Boughs and the Merry Christmas stamp is from the set I bought at Michael's (I lost the package and don't know the name of the set, sorry!).  I cut the tag shape out on the cricut and stamped the greeting with aged mahogany distress ink.  I stamped the poinsettia with black memento ink and then used an aqua brush and distress inks (aged mahogany, shabby shutters & peeled paint) to paint the image.  I coloured the pearls with copic marker R89.  I edged the patterned paper and greeting with versa magic red brick ink.

OK, well I'm off to finish some more Christmas Cards as I am quickly running out of time.  I'll be back tomorrow night with another card!  Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

Dee

No comments: