Sunday, November 18, 2018

Be Thankful

Well I didn't get to do the challenges last week, I did manage to get one done for this week  The challenge this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog is Thanks/Thanksgiving!  I know it I am thankful everyday for so many things, too many to list!  I think it is important to stop and be grateful for all that we have not just at Thanksgiving, but everyday!

I am going to post the pictures for this challenge tonight and then add the details for the card tomorrow.
Update
To start I inked some wild honey & fired brick distress ink on a piece of Neenah smooth solar white card stock.  I used an old Inkadinkado stamp set & versa mark ink to stamp the leaves & coated it with clear detail embossing powder.  After I heat set the powder I continued using inks (distress inks - fired brick, wild honey, vintage photo, walnut stain, distress oxide inks peeled paint & walnut stain) to create this colorful background.  I can't resist doing the water splatter technique (did a little too much - so I had to ink it up some more). 
I then stamped more of the leaf scroll around the edge of the paper and the greeting with MFT Hybrid ink Hot Fudge.  I decided the greeting didn't stand out enough so I put it back in the Misti and stamped it again with versa mark and used embossing powder on it as well.  The two Inkadinkado stamp sets I used are Fall Season & Harvest Expressions.



I'm really happy with how the card turned out.  I will probably try this technique on some Christmas cards next!  I'm thinking this will look pretty with some blues & snowflake stamps!


I was hoping to use the Simon Says November Card Kit for this challenge. Unfortunately the with the postal strike that is on right now my parcel is still sitting at the border.  Maybe I'll get it in time for Christmas!


Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!
Dee

1 comment:

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful card! I love the colours of your leaves and the way they swirl across the card like they are being blown by the wind - perfect 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! J 😊 x