Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Hulk Smash!

So, as I have said before, I have a shopping problem...when I can't craft I shop for supplies that I plan to use eventually!  Today is that day, actually the last couple of weeks have been.  I am finally getting time to sit in my craft studio and use all the fun things I have been buying over the last several months.

Since I own a comic store, I always look for comic related items and found a ton at Simon Says Stamp with the new dies by Character World.  I bought one to star & I liked it so much that I may have bought a few more!

This card is for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes!

I die cut the hulk using Neenah Classic Crest Solar White and colored him with copic markers (G21, G28, G29, BV20, BV23, BV25, BV29, C5, C7, C9 & R02) the die comes with a face stamp and that was the hardest part, thank goodness for my Misti or I may never have lined that up properly😀.  I really wanted to have the Hulk bursting through the wall so I used the Spellbinders M-Bossabilities Bricks & Bark folder to create the wall and cut a piece out of the middle. I cut some of the bricks up and attached them to the bottom of the card with foam squares.  I was going for a messy look from the chaos of the wall being destroyed and put everything at angles even the greeting (Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Thinlits Celebrate die set).  The wall and greeting were cut out of black card stock, I distressed the wall & bricks with white & grey chalk inks and colored the greeting (triple stacked) with a black wink of stella pen.  I glued the one leg that is behind the wall flat and then used foam dots to adhere the Hulk in place.

I'm really quite happy with how this turned out and will definitely make more of this card!

I shall be back soon with another project.
Thanks for stopping by & happy crafting!
Dee


No comments: