Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Baby It's Cold Outside!

Well actually it's really rainy today!  However, the challenge this week over at the  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog is "Baby It's Cold Outside" and I decided to use a piece I did for the Daily Marker 30 day coloring challenge to create a card. 

I also had to color a background & companion piece for this Jon Snow.  Too bad I don't have a "winter is coming" stamp 😊.  Anyhow I used some distress inks to create the back panel then stamped it with snow flakes & clear embossed them.  After that I decided to use a star stamp and perfect pearls to add more frosty look to it.  It was really hard to get a good picture of it.  The birch tree die cut piece is also covered with perfect pearls. I distressed the trees a bit with some grey ink chalk ink & Faber Castell Iced coffee gelatos,  I also decided to use the perfect pearls on the trees (doesn't show up well in the picture).

I colored Jon & Ghost with copic markers, fussy cut them out and then edged them with black ink to make sure they didn't have any rough edges.  Ghost is glued directly on the card and Jon is popped up with foam squares.

Stamps - Kindred Stamps "Heirs to the Throne"
Copic colors
Jon -  N1, N3, N5, N7, N9, E0000, E000, E00, E01 & R02, Derwent Graphite White & Derwent Metallic Silver 
Ghost - N0, N1 & BG0000
Tree Die Cut - Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations - Birch Trees
Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass, Broken China & Chipped Sapphire
Distress Oxide Inks - Broken China & Faded Jeans


I think that is all the vital information about the card, LOLS!  I had lots of fun making this one.

Thanks for stopping by & Happy Crafting
Dee

1 comment:

debby4000 said...

Such a gorgeous card, great work on the background and a perfect backdrop to you images.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby